Download latest syllabus and exam pattern for Pharmacist / Compounder jobs in India. Subject-wise syllabus of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Drugs, Pharmaceutics etc can be downloaded from here. Pharmacist Syllabus is also available to download on pdf format. A Pharmacist, commonly known as chemist, is a health professional who practice in pharmacy. What is pharmacy?: Pharmacy is the bundle of science and techniques of preparing the medicines and drugs in sufficient dosage. Pharmacist duties include the preparation of right dosage of allowed drugs, focusing on safe and effective medication use, etc. To get pharmacist jobs in India one has to obtain a pharmacy degree or a diploma in pharmacy course. In addition, the job seeker must be a registered pharmacist with state/central pharmacy council.
Locum Pharmacist Jobs: In India, where there is a lack of health care facilities in far-flung areas, the role of Locum Pharmacist becomes important. In backward rural areas the low educated and untrained persons perform the locum pharmacist job duties.
Pharmacist Syllabus And Exam Pattern
This page is specially designed for the job seekers who wish to get Pharmacist job in India. Such applicants who are preparing for the upcoming recruitment test may get download the latest Pharmacist Syllabus And Exam Pattern from here. Please download the subject-wise syllabus of pharmacist recruitment examination. Below is the detailed syllabus for Pharmacist / Compounder.
|Table of content|
- PHARMACEUTICS: Introduction of different dosage forms; Introduction to Pharmacopocias with special reference to Indian Pharmacopocia.; Systems of weights and measures; Packing of Pharmaceuticals; Size reduction objectives; Mixing and Homogenisation; Classification and filtration of drugs; Heat processes Evaporation; Distillation; Introduction to drying processes; Sterilization; Processing of tablets; Processing of capsules; Study of immunological products, etc.
- PHARMACEUTICS-II: Dispensing Pharmacy; Dispensed Medications; Biphasic Liquid Dosages forms; Liquid – Oral Dosage Forms; Powders; Emulsions; Semi- Solid Dosages; Ointments; Difference, preparation and preservation Pastes; Jellies; Suppositories and pessaries; Dental and Cosmetic Preparations; Ophthalmic products; Faulty seal packaging, etc.
- PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY: General study of Acids, bases and buffers; Antioxidants; Gastrointenstal agents; Topical Agents; Dental products; Inhalants. Major Intra and Extracellular electrolytes used for replacement therapy; Physiological Acid; Combination of oral electrolyte powder and solutions. Radio pharmaceuticals and Contrast media; Quality control of drugs, etc.
- PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY-II: Introduction to the nomenclature of organic chemical systems; Stability and storage conditions and different types of pharmaceutical formulation of drugs; etc.
PHARMACOGNOSY: Definition, history and scope of Pharmacognosy; Adulteration and drug evaluation; Occurrence, distribution, organoleptic evaluation, and therapeutic efficacy of following categories of various natural drugs, etc.
BIOCHEMISTRY AND CLINICAL PATHOLOGY: Introduction to biochemistry; Role of proteins, polypeptides and amino acids; Brief chemistry and role of Lipids; Role of vitamins, enzymes, minerals and water in life process; Enzymes; Brief concept of normal and abnormal metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids; Introduction to pathology of blood and urine, etc.
HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY: Scope of Anatomy and Physiology; Elementary tissues of the body; Structure and function of skeleton and joints; Composition and function of Blood; Lymph glands; Structure and function of various parts of heart; Various parts and functions of respiratory system; Various parts and functions of urinary system; Central nervous system; Digestive system; Endocrine glands and hormones; Reproductive system.
PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY
Introduction to Pharmacology; Routes of administration of drugs; General mechanism of drugs action; Pharmacological classification of drugs; Drugs acting on the central and autonomic nervous system; Anaesthecics, Drugs acting on eyes, mydriatics, respiratory system, blood; Cardio vascular drugs, Hormones and hormone antagonists; Chemotherapy of microbial diseases; Chemotherapy of protozoal diseases; Chemotherapy of cancer; Disinfectants and antiseptic. Please note that detailed study of the action of drugs on each organ is not necessary.
HEALTH EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY PHARMACY: Concept of health; Demography and family planning; Environment and health; First aid; Fundamental principles of microbiology; Communicable diseases; Non communicable diseases; Epidemiology, etc.
PHARMACEUTICAL JURISPRUDENCE: Origin and nature of pharmaceutical legislation in India; Pharmacy Act-1948; Drugs and cosmetics Act-1940; Drugs and Magic Remedies; Narcotic drugs; Poisons Act-1919; Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act-1971, etc.
DRUG STORE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- COMMERCE (Part-1): Trade, Industry and Commercial Functions and subdivision of Commerce, Introduction to Elements of Economics and Management; Channels of distribution; Inventory control; Sales Promotion, Market research, salesmanship; Recruitment, training, evaluation and compensation of the pharmacist; Banking and finance service and functions of banks, Drug house management.
- ACCOUNTANCY (Part-2): Introduction to accounting concepts; Cash book; ledger and trial balance; Profit and loss account; analyzing financial statements, and Introduction to budgeting.
HOSPITAL AND CLINICAL PHARMACY
- HOSPITAL PHARMACY (Part-1): Definition, function, classifications of hospitals; Hospital pharmacy; Drug distribution system in Hospitals; Manufacturing; Nomenclature and uses of surgical instruments and Hospital Equipments; PTC, Application of Computer in maintenance of records, inventory control; Surgical dressing, etc.
- CLINICAL PHARMACY (Part-2): Introduction to Clinical Pharmacy; Modern dispensing aspects; Diseases, manifestation and pathophysiology; Physiological parameters; Drug Interactions; Adverse drug reactions; Drugs in clinical Toxicity; Drug dependence, drug abuse, addictive drugs, etc.
PHARMACIST SYLLABUS PDF DOWNLOAD
Interested job seekers may also download genuine syllabus of Pharmacist jobs in pdf format. The syllabus is available to download for free.
|OMC||Junior Pharmacist||View syllabus|