Admission to PG Diploma in Banking Finance Course 2017-18
Indian Bank Probationary Officer Selection Procedure
Indian Bank allows the young and bright Graduates for admission to the one year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB). This has been set up jointly by Indian Bank and Manipal Global Education Service Pvt Ltd. Candidates, for the posts of Probationary Officer, are selected through a selection process consisting of online Exam (Preliminary & Main Examination) followed by Personal Interview. Admission to PGDBF comes with the assurance of a full-fledged Banking career with Indian Bank as a Probationary Officer on successful completion of the course. The Indian Bank Probationary Officer Selection Procedure is given below;
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
4. Admission to PGDBF
5. Selection Methodology
1. Preliminary Examination: The structure of the Preliminary Examination is objective type in nature having the questions multiple choices of answers. This exam will be conducted Online. There will be three sections viz., Reasoning; English Language and Quantitative Aptitude. Total marks allotted for Interview are 100.
2. Main Examination: This exam will consist of both type of questions Objective and Descriptive. Descriptive Test paper will be evaluated for those candidates who have qualified in the objective tests. This will also conducted Online. There is also a penalty of negative marking for this test. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each section and also a minimum total score in preliminary as well as main exam, as decided by the Bank. Final cut-off list will be decided by Bank later. Total marks allotted for Interview are 250.
3. Interview: Candidates who have been scored above the cut off score of the Main examination will be called for Interview. Candidates called for Interview should produce originals of their documents. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
4. Admission to PGDBF: A candidate should qualify both in Online Examination (Preliminary and Main) and Interview for provisional allotment. The selected students will go through a nine month Course (Campus programme) at Manipal Global Education Services, Bangalore followed by a three months internship. The Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) would be a one-year programme comprising of four trimesters.
5. Selection: All the candidates who complete the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course will be eligible for appointment in Indian Bank. They will be fixed in starting pay scale as applicable to JMG I Officer.
The Indian Bank Probationary Officer Selection Procedure is given above. Please also check with official advertisement too.